From Maps for MediaWiki
Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) is a popular extension to MediaWiki that lets you store and query data in your wiki.
Maps integrates with SMW by adding support for geographical values. These values can then be queried together with other information stored in your wiki. Query results can be shown on maps, which can be customized the same way you customize standard maps provided by the Maps extension.
Geographic coordinates datatype[edit | edit source]
Semantic queries[edit | edit source]
Maps adds SMW result formats that can be used in inline queries and in other semantic queries.
- format=map - to show query results on a map, by default Leaflet
- format=leaflet - to show query results on a Leaflet map
- format=googlemaps - to show query results on Google Maps
- format=kml - to export query results as KML
For map specific customization parameters, see Leaflet SMW queries or Google Maps SMW queries.
Documentation on more advanced queries:
- Queries with templates - customize what gets shown in popups
- Distance queries - restrict query results based on distance from a point
- Compound queries - combine queries and differentiate their results with different icons or other attributes